Tuesday 8 March 2011

Construction of Zine magazine – Rachel Collins
In order to create the masthead of the magazine, I used a regular typeface (Berlin sans FB demi) and edited it with the smudge tool to create the jagged style typeface.
I also edited her hair and face so as to remove the unwanted strand of hair and also to make her hair longer and therefore connote glamour.  To do this I used the clone brush. I also used the burn tool with very low opacity on her face to make it seem much more like her real skin.
To make the background, I used the paint bucket tool. I then used a filter to make the grass seem more realistic, as well as using the burn tool on it to make it look as though it was outside. I did the same for the sky but I also used the dodge tool to make the sky look cloudy and therefore more realistic



                                         

To make the background to the main, anchor image, I used the shape tool to make a white square. I then lowed the opacity on the eraser tool and chose a soft brush before erasing the around the edges
.
To make the contents banner I used the shape tool as the pink background. I then used the text tool on top. I also did this for the page number boxes. I used the same method to make the box shapes on the front cover.
 
To cut the images out on the both front cover and the contents page I used the lasso tool. However, for the anchor image on the contents page I used the magic wand tool to erase all background because her hair was difficult to use the lasso tool around.

No comments:

Post a Comment